Inner peace is a conscious choice that we each make upon waking. When you are caught up in the mind field of irrational thinking or feeling stress out try these five techniques to restore your equilibrium.
- Breathe deeply and exhale slowly several times when anxiety or worry occurs
- say a prayer of thanksgiving, even if it is for somebody else
- break down the parts of the anxious thoughts and feelings.
- using media resources or common sense to analyze each strong repetitive thought and feeling
- deliberately interrupt or short circuit the irrational thought process and replace it with a more even scaled rational.
When one is stressed with anxiety or worry their breathing changes, sometimes they shallow breathe or mouth breathe instead of taking nice deep cleansing breaths.
When one is stressed prayer to the Creator GOD works- it allows you to focus for a moment on someone else’s problem or explain your problem in greater detail. Once the parts are broken down then you can start managing each step.
When one is stressed common sense is usually short sighted. Since you have broken your issue into parts of a whole; ask yourself is there history to support the thought process; is it true or false? Is their authority behind your idea, if not, let it go!
When you interrupt a negative thought and replace it with a positive one then you deflate the the intensity of the drama.