I have reached 100 blog posts this month.
My advocate job finally played itself out to nothing. However, I have been busy taking classes for a Masters Degree and doing quite well at it. The ministry Loving Embrace has really started to get busy. Creating original art and sentiment can be time-consuming but well worth it to those who receive a card from me. I’m not boasting. There are hurting people and they deserve to be acknowledged in a time of illness and grief that they are not all alone, someone cares about them. God receives the harvest of souls seeking him out.
I am trying to make a go of writing as a career path- wish me luck! I know in my heart that I can become an effective writer given an opportunity to shine. I am learning the craft every day that I write for school or this blog. I am creating a portfolio of works that I have written, so your feedback is very important to me.
Look for my writing… Publications: Literary pen names: Kat Challis, Kathy Ann Challis, and Kathryn Aubrey.
1. “The Dreamer’s Soul,” Kathryn Aubrey, Vol.1, Kathryn Aubrey Publishing. 2003, ISBN# 0-9747822-0-3. It is a book of poetry and short stories about people as teachers, hero’s, and friends.
2. “Teenager’s,” American Poetry Anthology, Vol. X, No.2, Kathy Ann Challis, Robert Nelson Publishing 1990 ISBN: 0-88147-100-3. Pg.231.
3. “Poetry,” Kathy Challis, Poetic Voices of America, Fall 1990, Sparrow-grass Poetry Forum, Inc. 1990 ISBN: 0-923242-08-2, p.162.
4. Poetry’s Elite The Best Poets of 2000, ISBN: 1-58235-901-6, International Library of Poetry Publisher, work “Unleashed Into the Sky” Kat Challis, Hardcover
5. Nature’s Echoes ISBN: 1-58235-564-9 coauthor Bob Challis, work Soul Mates
6. The Sound of Poetry, 2002, “The Squirrel Watcher”
7. Class Planting Seed for Businesses, Amy David, The Daily Oklahoman II- Oklahoma City Times, Community, Nov. 8,1996, p.1
8. International Library of Poetry
• Famous Poets Award of Recognition for 1995
• Editor’s Choice Award – June 2001
• Poet of Merit Awards – 2000-2003
• Merit Silver Award Bowl –2002
• Merit Bronze Metal 2001
• Honorable Mention – several 1996-2003
9. Tarrant County Texas Poetry Association memberships 2005
10. Writers Blog: https://katchallis.com (100 + posts)
I hope that Y’all have a safe and happy children’s fun day on October 31st. In the USA it is known as Halloween. It is not a religious holiday or Satanic- I don’t give him a chance for credit. Children dress up in costumes, example: mind-craft creeper, stampy long-nose, a fire truck are costumes my grandchildren are wearing. They are quite creative in their personalities and costume choices. We dress up our car in a “trunk or treat” for the Homeowners Association Fall Festival and the churches’ Halloween Fun Night. We wear costumes, too. I am a pirates mate this year, my husband is a futuristic pirate captain.